My computer used to become slow after update. I noticed after I occasionally face slowness after window update. CPU workload became extremely high. I don’t know why. Then, I found the following solution to do.
1) Try using the Performance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems
- Click on start and in search bar, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
- Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.
2) Delete Temp files
- Window + R to call Run box and type as %temp% and hit enter. Delete all files in that folder.
3) Delete Prefetch files
- In run box, type as Prefetch and delete all files in that folder.
Ref : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-7-pro-64bit-is-extremely-slow-after-latest/b3eb9556-2a62-4bf7-be58-4df4f02d339d
2 thoughts on “Window 7, 64 bit slow after UPDATE”
Latest update for windows 7 ultimate 64 bit august 2014 resulted in very similar problems you experienced, system became very slow, seemed to be under heavy load but nothing apparently running? This was driving me crazy, tried your solution, deleted almost all files in relevant folders, despite being admin on own machine did not let me delete all. Performance seems to have have improved, will bookmark this page and post update if I have problems, thanks.
stu recently posted…Baydin iOS app 1.0